onsdag 12 maj 2010

Manchester in my heart...


Back in Sweden after some intensive and fantastic days in Manchester. The city of development since hundreds of years. Marx and Engels, The suffragets gender fight and turning a declining industry to a living digital smart city. I still hear Dave Carters voice in my mind and he is talking about sustainable goals for the Creative Manchester. I see the fire in his eyes and I here the power of his voice when he says that we are ready for the next step. This is a guy with visions, but also action. -Come on let´s meet in Linköping 9-11 of June...

In my mind Im back on Portland street, on the way back from the MDDA Office. In for a quick pint at the Old Monkey and then walking down on Sackville street. Walking through the Gay Village, passing The Rembrandt (Probably the worlds first gay pub) and then over the canal. Coming down to the University district and slides in for another pint at The Retro Pub. With Jethro Tull in the speakers I try to put everything together before going to the hotel.

If I ever move abroad I think it will be Manchester. I don´t like the football teams but I can support Grimsby or something. Here I see visions that no longer exists in Sweden...

Inga kommentarer: